Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

CHEERS!!! The first harvest of the season!



I know it's early, and my tomatoes are NO WHERE NEAR being ready to make salsa, but I harvested my first batch of cilantro yesterday!  I also know cilantro is extremely difficult to preserve -  drying makes it taste like parsley, freezing makes it mushy, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

But, it's worth a try, right?  I have nothing to lose but my beautiful cilantro.

I often speak of organic gardening, but I in no way consider myself "green", "earthy", a "tree hugger".  I'm really not worthy!  I do, however, frequent organic gardening blogs for guidance with my own garden.  I run across some of the most AMAZING blogs when searching for new ideas, and I must say, this one took my breath away!

My way of life is no where near theirs, yet, we have so much in common!  We are thrifty, we are family-centered, we are animal lovers  They remind me of a very sweet aunt and her family.  They are SO happy!!!  That makes ME happy!!!

So, I tried "Mr. H's" method of preserving cilantro.  I will be using that cilantro in my salsa in about six weeks and will let you know how it turns out.  Until then, I will be dreaming about his beautiful greenhouse, his beautiful dog, his beautiful family, and his beautiful way of life!!!

Here's to the first harvest!!!

Thank you Subsistence Pattern, for letting me share your amazing blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails